Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 6 May 2013

Two weeks of phase one. Done.

It is another beautiful, sunny day here so it seems appropriate that I have woken up feeling pretty darned fantastic. I am starting this week another 1/2lb down. That isn't much but it is better than nothing and a whole heap better than gaining. I am also pleased to see a shift in my body fat percentage. It was down to 40% this morning. Still WAY too high but it is starting to go down so I am happy with that.

The thing I was most looking forward to this morning was porridge. My favourite way to have porridge is with raisins, golden syrup and cream. Yes, I really did eat it with all those things on. Regularly. No, I am under no illusions as to why I have regained all the weight I lost. That is not how I had it this morning though. I had it with 1/2tsp cinnamon and a few pecans. I am being completely honest when I say it wasn't as enjoyable as the other way. I almost put some agave nectar before even tasting it but I kept my awareness of what I want out of this and decided to eat it as it was. I think next time I will need something else in it but I was very pleased with having stopped my automatic response of adding something sweet.

We had our day with family yesterday and the food wasn't too tricky. There were cakes there but I didn't have any. The only thing I ate that wasn't 'on plan' was a spoonful of a rice dish. It also had chopped apricots in it. After no sugar for 13 days the one tiny piece of apricot I had in my serving was so sweet. I was very aware of just how sweet it tasted.

I reintroduce fruit today too and have some berries waiting for me. I have also bought some very dark chocolate. That has gone in the freezer. If I keep it out then I am concerned that I will eat it all in one go. I need to be very careful when it comes to chocolate. It is a big weakness for me so I want to re-learn to enjoy it sensibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a link to your blog so I can drop by.