Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Another day done

It is particularly pleasing to me that I am now 2 1/2 weeks from the day I finally got myself on track with this. For a long time (far longer than the 3 months since I started this blog) I have know that I needed to do something about losing the weight I regained and more. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do anything about it and my weight just got more and more and more. The fact that I have now managed to start the process and am still sticking with it 2 1/2 weeks later is big for me.

Even better still is the fact that I haven't cheated at all. I made a pact with myself when I finished phase one that I would have one treat a day with a couple of conditions. The treat had to be within the allowed foods for phase two and I could only have it if I had stuck to the plan all day long. I have discovered Beyond Dark: Moments of  Pleasure. They are dinky, dark chocolate buttons. I have several bags of them stashed in the freezer and a bag of those is my treat food. They are absolutely delicious. The chocolate is really smooth and tasty.

I was given a bar of milk chocolate today and accepted it gratefully but after my friend had left I have added it to my husband's tin of goodies. I am going to stay away from milk chocolate for a while and stick with dark. I need to learn to enjoy in moderation and milk chocolate is not something I can do that with.

I did almost trip myself up today. I had run out of salad and when I stopped at the shop, having left my shopping list on the table, salad was the one thing I forgot to buy. As my lunches at the moment are 'something' with salad this could have been a problem and in the past I would have used it as an excuse to have something else, off plan. Instead today for my lunch I put together a chopped salad using cucumber, celery and radishes to go with my fresh tuna. It was very tasty and I felt really good for having not given any ground to temptation.

All in all I am feeling pretty good at the moment. I still haven't started exercising and I know I need to do that. I am giving so much of myself to other things right now that I am finding it hard to get my head round it. I need to look at it in a different way and come to see it as something for myself rather than a chore. I am trying to decide whether to jump back in with the running or to start off with one of the Jillian Michaels DVDs I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a link to your blog so I can drop by.