Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday 4 May 2013

Sticking with it

What the title says is not something I am particularly good at when it comes to dieting. At this time I am managing it though. It is taking some willpower and a little bit of reminding myself why I want to do this, it is also taking a bit of reminding myself that I have spent a small fortune on meat, fish and veg for this first two weeks. That would be such a waste if I didn't stick with it.

I have been aware of feeling a lot better in myself over the past week or so. I don't feel as sluggish and I am far less bloated.

My goal of 9 1/2 stone seems a long way off right now. I haven't ever been there as an adult but at only 5' 2" it is a sensible weight. The idea of being that weigh does scare me a little. I've been overweight my entire adult (and mid to late teens). I have a friend who has made amazing progress over the past couple of years and she is an inspiration to me. From being 'the fat kid in school' she went on to become size 32 and has worked (very hard) to get herself down to a size 14. I want that fire and determination, I know it took some time for it to come to her but I also know that I am starting a lot further down the scale than she was.

I am looking forward to Monday when I will be moving on to the second phase of the South beach diet. Who knew porridge could be a source of so much desire?! I am a bit fed up with eggs for breakfast.

When I move on to phase two I am going to start tracking my food in my fitness pal. I need to keep an eye on my intake when that bit starts. It will give me an awareness of how much I need to be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a link to your blog so I can drop by.