Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 29 April 2013

One week in.

  I am feeling pretty good about having completed one week of getting myself off sugar and back on the road to where I want to be. I weighed this morning and was pleased to see that sticking to my plan has helped me get rid of 5 pounds. I know that from here on that rate will slow down, and I know that is a good thing because maintaining that rate of loss would be a fast route to gaining it all back.

  I did start to feel a bit better as the day went on yesterday so I managed to eat and I stuck with allowed foods. There was one exception to that. My youngest wanted to make some jelly for him and my oldest so he did. When I served them a bowl of it each later in the day I did have one small spoonful, about 5g to be specific. I didn't take that as a cue to though.

  Here is to a second week of eating well. We have a get together on Sunday which will involve foods that will be off my plan. I am going to try to make sure I take some things which will be on plan and do my best to stay strong.

  One thing I haven't done so far is start on any exercise. I am having a tough time getting my head around that but rather than saying I will start that this week I am going to spend some time figuring out where my reluctance is coming from so I can address that.

  I have started taking the l-glutamine, and chromium supplements that I mentioned. It is hard to say if they have helped much yet but I have certainly found that for the early part of the day I have had very little, if anything, in the way of sugar cravings. I am going to try taking them with lunch as afternoons are definitely the time I have noticed cravings happening more.

  Time to begin my attack on week 2 and see where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a link to your blog so I can drop by.